You will go through MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSE Board Class 9 and 10 THE BLUE BEAD. Understanding a text’s entirety is very important for a learner to score better on the exam. We made Efforts to ensure thorough and proper MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSEBoard Class 9 and 10 THE BLUE BEAD.
1. What did Sibia and her mother do to earn money?
- They would do farming and sell the crops
- They would sell matchsticks and candles
- They would make baskets
- They obtained paper grass, sold them to an agent who would dispatch them to paper mills
2. What did they pass by while going towards the river?
- Gujar encampment of grass huts
- A green valley
- A tribal community
- A huge cave
3. What did the women do to safely cross the river?
- They started shouting, because noise scares crocodiles
- They injured the crocodiles
- They took a different path
- They used to feed the crocodiles, hence did not fear them
4. “Child!”- Who said this?
- Sibia’s mother
- One of the women
- One Gujar man
5. “She would just dawdle a bit”- What does the term ‘dawdle’ mean in this context?
6. “She was within a yard of the crocodile when he lunged at her”- Who is ‘she’ here?
- Sibia’s mother
- A Gujar woman
- A little boy
7. Why did the woman drop the brass pots?
- She was attacked by someone
- A crocodile attacked her
- She slipped while she was trying to collect water
- She fainted while working
8. “His eyes rolled on to Sibia”- Who is ‘he’ in this context?
- Sibia’s father
- A Gujar man
- A leopard
- A crocodile
9. Why did Sibia delay intentionally while returning home?
- She was looking for some stones that she had hidden under a tree
- She was looking for the cave where she had kept her handmade clay items to dry
- She was bored and tired of carrying the grass
- She wanted to play with the Gujar children
10. What did Sibia do when she saw the crocodile attacking the woman?
- She threw her hayfork at the crocodile and it wretched right in its eye. Thus, it lost hold of the woman’s leg
- She ran away as she was scared
- She went to call others for help
- She was startled and fell into the water
11. What happened when the Gujar woman came to collect water?
- She slipped and fell into the water
- A crocodile came out of the black water and grabbed her leg
- A crocodile came and pulled the woman away
- The woman offered some food and water to Sibia
12. Why was Sibia so happy when she went back to collect her fork and sickle?
- She found some very beautiful pink flowers beside the river
- She finally spotted the cave
- She found the blue bead there
- She was happy as she saved the woman’s life
13. What qualities of Sibia can you recognize from the story?
- Weak, Timid
- Brave, Patient
- Cunning, Brave
- Lazy, Brave
14. Sibia threw her hayfork at the crocodile. What quality of her is highlighted through this action?
- Her presence of mind
- Her patience
- Ability to find happiness in small things
- Her timidness
15. Who wrote the story ‘The Blue Bead’?
- Shirley Jackson
- Raymond Carver
- Norah Burke
- Roald Dahl
16. “Where the river coursed through like a bulge of glass.”- Identify the figure of speech
17. What was Sibia wearing?
- A red coloured dress
- A brown coloured dress
- An orange frock
- An earth-coloured dress
18. In which part of the crocodile’s body, did Sibia throw the hayfork at?
- The belly
- The tail
- The eyes
- The head
- D) They obtained paper grass, sold them to an agent who would dispatch them to paper mills.
- A) Gujar encampment of grass huts.
- A) They started shouting, because noise scares crocodiles.
- B) Sibia’s mother.
- A) Linger.
- C) A Gujar woman.
- B) A crocodile attacked her.
- D) A crocodile.
- B) She was looking for the cave where she had kept her handmade clay items to dry.
- A) She threw her hayfork at the crocodile and it wretched right in its eye. Thus, it lost hold of the woman’s leg.
- B) A crocodile came out of the black water and grabbed her leg.
- C) She found the blue bead there.
- B) Brave, Patient.
- A) Her presence of mind.
- C) Norah Burke.
- D) Simile.
- D) An earth-coloured dress.
- C) The eyes.