You will go through MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSE Board Class 9 and 10 AN ANGEL IN DISGUISE. Understanding a text’s entirety is very important for a learner to score better on the exam. We made Efforts to ensure thorough and proper MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSEBoard Class 9 and 10 AN ANGEL IN DISGUISE.
1. Who is the ‘angel’ in this story?
- The unidentified woman
- Mrs Elli
2. Who adopted Kate?
- A blacksmith
- He was not adopted by anybody
- A farmer
- Mrs Ellis
3. Why did nobody want to adopt Maggie?
- She was unruly than her other siblings
- She was not disciplined
- Maggie had poor health
- She had a bad temper
4. Why did the village outcast the woman?
- She was an alcohol addict
- She was abusive towards her children
- She used to steal food and money
- She threw her children out of the house
5. How has the author described Kate?
- Kate is a dull and unruly girl
- Kate has been ill all her childhood and is physically weak
- Kate is an active and a bright girl
- Kate is an obedient girl
6. What did the villagers want to do with Maggie?
- They wanted to raise funds to treat her
- They wanted her to work for them
- They wanted to throw her out of the village, since she had nobody to take care of her
- They wanted to send her to a poorhouse, since she was ill.
7. “Bid your sister good bye”- Who said this and to whom?
- Kate to Mrs Ellis
- Mrs Ellis to Kate
- Blacksmith’s wife to Mrs. Ellis
- Maggie to Kate
8. Who was the first villager to say that they must not leave Maggie alone?
- Blacksmith’s wife
- Mrs Ellis
- Joe Thompson
9. What does Joe Thompson do for a living?
- He is the village teacher
- He is a blacksmith
- He is a farmer
- He is a wheelwright
10. What was Jane’s reaction on seeing Maggie?
- She wasn’t very happy with her husband bringing Maggie home
- She welcomed her with love and warmth
- She was extremely angry and threw Maggie out of the house
- She did not care if Maggie stayed at her place or left
11. What does ‘vinegar tempered’ mean?
- Good tempered
- Ill tempered
12. What is Joe Thompson’s usual reaction to his wife’s sharp words?
- He tends to talk back and put his point across
- He walks off and ignores the conversation
- He stays non-combative and maintains silence
- He yells at her and beats her up
13. “A soft feeling crept into her heart”- Who is ‘her’ in this context?
- Mrs Ellis
14. What did Jane initially want her husband to do when she saw Maggie?
- She wanted Joe to go to the Guardians and get a permit to leave Maggie at the poorhouse
- She wanted Joe to keep the child
- She asked Joe to hand over the child to Mrs Ellis or the farmer
- She wanted to adopt Maggie immediately
15. Which of the following messages do you get from the story?
- People help others only to satisfy their own needs
- Unconditional love conquers all
- It is rewarding to help a child
- You should always feed a helpless child
16. What did Jane do with Maggie by the end of the story?
- She kept Maggie with her forever, and gave up the idea of sending her to a poorhouse
- She dropped Maggie to the poorhouse the next day
- She made Maggie do household chores
- She threw Maggie out of her house, when Joe was not there
17. What was the climax in the story?
- The Thompsons made Maggie do household works and eventually threw her out of the house
- The Thompsons adopted Maggie and decided to keep her with them
- Mrs. Ellis and other villagers wanted to adopt Maggie, after realising their mistakes
- Everybody brought Maggie back from the poorhouse
18. Why did the author refer Maggie as ‘Angel in disguise’?
- The Thompsons’ fate changed when Maggie came to their lives
- She brought fame and wealth to the Thompsons
- She had health issues, but she filled the Thompsons’ life with happiness
- The Thompsons’ got an extra help to do their household chores
- C) Maggie.
- D) Mrs Elli.
- C) Maggie had poor health.
- A) She was an alcohol addict.
- C) Kate is an active and a bright girl.
- D) They wanted to send her to a poorhouse, since she was ill.
- B) Mrs Ellis to Kate.
- D) Joe Thompson.
- D) He is a wheelwright.
- A) She wasn’t very happy with her husband bringing Maggie home.
- D) Ill tempered.
- C) He stays non-combative and maintains silence.
- B) Jane.
- A) She wanted Joe to go to the Guardians and get a permit to leave Maggie at the poorhouse.
- B) Unconditional love conquers all.
- A) She kept Maggie with her forever, and gave up the idea of sending her to a poorhouse
- B) The Thompsons adopted Maggie and decided to keep her with them.
- C) She had health issues, but she filled the Thompsons’ life with happiness.