You will go through MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSE Board Class 9 and 10 ALL SUMMER IN A DAY. Understanding a text’s entirety is very important for a learner to score better on the exam. We made Efforts to ensure thorough and proper MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSEBoard Class 9 and 10 ALL SUMMER IN A DAY.
1. How long had it been raining?
- Four hundred days
- Seven years
- Six months
- Eighty weeks
2. What does ‘drum and gush of water’ mean?
- Loud noise of a waterfall
- Fast flowing water
- Still water
- Loud flow of water
3. Where is the plot of the story set in?
- A small village
- A different planet (Venus)
- A fictional city of Salem
- A different galaxy
4. What has happened as a result of constant rainfall for so many years?
- Forests have been crushed and have grown again
- Unlimited floods
- Destruction of crops and agricultural land
- Forests have been destroyed totally
5. What were the children looking at?
- The hidden sun
- Constant rainfall
- A strange animal
- The hidden moon
6. “Will it happen today, will it?”- What event is being signified by ‘it’?
- The rainfall stops after every five months
- The sun sets after every sixty days
- The sun shines after every seven years on this planet
- Rainfall starts after every three years
7. Why did most of the kids not recall how it feels when the sun shines?
- Most kids were five years old, and hence has never seen the sun shine
- The kids do not remember anything that happened before three years
- They never noticed that the sun was not shining
- Most kids were nine years old. They do not recall the feeling of seeing the sun shine, since they were too young
8. For how long does the sun shine?
- Three days
- Ten hours
- An hour or two
- One day
9. “It’s like a penny”- Find the figure of speech.
10. “I think the sun is a flower, that blooms for just one hour.”- Who wrote this poem?
- Margot’s teacher
- An unidentified person
11. How has the author described Margot?
- A new freshly clicked photograph
- A cheerful little girl
- An old photograph dusted from an album
- Sad and disturbed
12. Why did the kids not play with Margot?
- She would not move when tagged, she was always lost
- She was rude to the other kids
- She was way younger to the other kids
- The other kids disliked her
13. Where did Margot originally live?
14. “… She remembered the sun and the way the sun was and the sky was…”- How did Margot remember the sun, while the other kids did not?
- She has seen the sun in her dreams many times
- She had come from the Earth just a year back
- She was a middle-aged woman, and has seen the sun quite a few times before
- She had come to Venus only five years back from Earth
15. How did Margot describe the sun to the other kids?
- She would write poems about sun and read them to the kids
- She would tell them stories about sunshine
- She used similes to describe the sun
- She would talk about the sun all the time
16. Which of these did the kids NOT do when they saw the sun come out?
- They ran among the trees and pushed each other
- They were playing hide-and-seek, and listening to Margot’s stories about the sun
- They felt the sunshine was better than sun lamps
- They were running and turning their faces up to the sky to feel the sun’s warmth
17. “In the midst of their running one of the girls wailed.”- Why did the girl wail?
- She felt a single raindrop on her palm, and realised that it would start raining soon
- She fell down, and hurt her knees
- She got scared by the thunder
- She was lost in the forests that covered Venus
18. “Then one of them gave a little cry”- Why did the kid give a cry?
- The kid got scolded by the teacher for locking Margot in the closet
- The kid was sad that the sun was behind the clouds again
- The lightning and thunder startled the kid
- The kid realised that Margot was still locked in the closet
19. What was Margot doing when the sun came out?
- Margot was dancing around and singing
- Margot was writing poems about the sun
- Margot was locked in the closet by the other kids
- Margot was playing with the other kids
20. What did the author compare the jungle to?
- A nest of octopi with great arms of flesh-like weed
- An old photograph
- A film concerning an avalanche or a tornado
- A strange creature with long tentacles
- B) Seven years.
- D) Loud flow of water.
- B) A different planet (Venus).
- A) Forests have been crushed and have grown again.
- A) The hidden sun.
- C) The sun shines after every seven years on this planet.
- D) Most kids were nine years old. They do not recall the feeling of seeing the sun shine, since they were too young.
- C) An hour or two.
- B) Simile.
- D) Margot.
- C) An old photograph dusted from an album.
- A) She would not move when tagged, she was always lost.
- A) Ohio.
- D) She had come to Venus only five years back from Earth.
- C) She used similes to describe the sun.
- B) They were playing hide-and-seek, and listening to Margot’s stories about the sun.
- A) She felt a single raindrop on her palm, and realised that it would start raining soon.
- D) The kid realised that Margot was still locked in the closet.
- C) Margot was locked in the closet by the other kids.
- A) A nest of octopi with great arms of flesh-like weed.