You will go through MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSE Board Class 9 and 10 A HORSE AND TWO GOATS. Understanding a text’s entirety is very important for a learner to score better on the exam. We made Efforts to ensure thorough and proper MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSEBoard Class 9 and 10 A HORSE AND TWO GOATS.
1. Who is the writer of the story?
- R.K. Narayan
- Sudha Murty
- Ruskin Bond
- Amish Tripathi
2. What is the name of the only house made of cement and bricks?
- The Big Palace
- The Big House
- The Big Castle
- The Yellow Palace
3. How many houses were present in the village of Kritam?
- Less than thirty houses
- Around fifty houses
- More than fifty houses
- Around ten houses
4. Where was Muni’s house?
- Last house in the third street
- Muni did not have a proper house
- Last house in the fourth street
- Third house in the first street
5. What were most houses made of?
- Bamboo, straw, mud, and some unspecified material
- Cement and bricks
6. What is the meaning of ‘tethered’ in the story?
- Tied with a rope
- Letting someone go
7. Where were the two goats tethered to?
- The trunk of a mango tree
- The trunk of a drumstick tree
- The trunk of a banana tree
- The trunk of a banyan tree
8. “What ails you?”- Who is the speaker?
- Muni’s wife
- The postman
- The shopman
9. When was the story originally published?
10. What happened to the postman’s wife?
- She eloped to the city
- She left her home to achieve her dreams
- She became a famous chef after eloping to the city
- She eloped to an adjacent village
11. Why did the shopman feel pleased after hearing the situation of the postman?
- The postman had borrowed some money from him, and had not returned ever
- The shopman was an insensitive person
- The postman and shopman did not get along since childhood
- The postman cheated the shopman
12. How did Muni think of paying off the debt to the shopman?
- He said that his son would send him money
- He wanted to run away from the village
- His daughter would send him money on the occasion of his birthday
- He would rob someone and collect the money
13. According to Muni, how old was he?
14. What product did Muni want from the shopman on credit before buying the ingredients for the dish?
- Castor oil
- Almond oil
- Ginger paste
15. What is the meaning of the term ‘unobtrusively’ in the text?
- With a loud noise
- Not attracting attention
16. How many sheep did Muni have?
17. What business did the American have?
- He was the owner of tea gardens
- He had jute mills
- He dealt in coffee
- He dealt in sculptures
18. Why did the American offer money to Muni?
- The American thought that the horse statue belonged to Muni and offered money to buy it
- The American wanted to buy his goats
- He felt bad for Muni and gave him money
- He gave the money as a loan
19. What was Muni’s wife’s reaction after he tells her about the dealing?
- She asked Muni to guy some more goats
- She was very happy to get the money
- She did not believe him and accused Muni of theft
- She did not want to take the money and asked Muni to return the money to the American businessman
20. “The red-faced man wore khaki clothes”- Identify the figure of speech.
- A) R.K. Narayan.
- B) The Big House.
- A) Less than thirty houses.
- C) Last house in the fourth street.
- A) Bamboo, straw, mud, and some unspecified material.
- B) Tied with a rope.
- B) The trunk of a drumstick tree.
- D) The shopman.
- C) 1970.
- A) She eloped to the city.
- D) The postman cheated the shopman.
- C) His daughter would send him money on the occasion of his birthday.
- D) Fifty.
- B) Castor oil.
- D) Not attracting attention.
- B) Forty.
- C) He dealt in coffee.
- A) The American thought that the horse statue belonged to Muni and offered money to buy it.
- C) She did not believe him and accused Muni of theft.
- B) Imagery.