You will go through MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSE Board Class 9 and 10 A FACE IN THE DARK. Understanding a text’s entirety is very important for a learner to score better on the exam. We made Efforts to ensure thorough and proper MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSEBoard Class 9 and 10 A FACE IN THE DARK.
1. Who is the writer of the story?
- Robert Southey
- Roald Dahl
- Ruskin Bond
- O. Henry
2. When was the story first published?
3. Where was the school located?
- McLeod Ganj
4. Who was Mr Oliver?
- A school teacher
- A doctor
- A watchman
- A writer
5. The school where Mr Oliver taught, has been compared to which other school?
- Westminster School
- Wells Cathedral School
- Winchester College
- Eton College
6. What route did Mr Oliver usually take while returning from the town to the school?
- He would take a longer route through the market
- He would take a shortcut through the pine forest
- He would usually take a lift
- He would take a shortcut through the market
7. What did Mr Oliver see while coming back?
- Two girls playing with rocks
- A girl sitting on a rock all alone
- A boy sitting on a rock all alone
- A little boy who was lost in the woods
8. “Life magazine, in a feature on India, had once called it the ‘Eton of the East’.”- Identify the figure of speech.
9. “When its flickering light fell in the figure of a boy”- Identify the figure of speech.
10. Which of the following adjectives is true for Mr Oliver?
11. What did Mr Oliver see when the light fell on the boy’s face?
- The boy did not have a mouth
- The boy had no eyes, nose, ears or mouth
- The boy had a beautiful face
- The boy was terrified of something
12. What was Mr Oliver’s immediate reaction after seeing the boy’s face?
- He had a mild heart attack
- He started screaming
- He fainted
- He dropped the torch
13. “Has there been an accident? Why are you running?”- Who is the speaker?
- The watchman
- Mr Oliver’s wife
- Mr Oliver
- The little boy in the forest
14. What is the meaning of the word ‘convulsively’ in the story?
15. How far was Shimla Bazar from the school?
- Eight miles
- One mile
- Five miles
- Three miles
16. How has the author described the students of the school?
- They belonged to wealthy Indian families
- The boys belonged to British families only
- They belonged to underprivileged families
- The school had students of all economic classes
17. Why would most people avoid the path through the pine forest?
- People believed that the pine forest was haunted
- The pine trees would make eerie sounds during strong winds
- The pine forest was mostly dark and unsafe
- People feared getting lost in the woods
18. What was Mr Oliver carrying while he was walking through the forest?
- A stick
- A cell phone
- A torch
- A bag
19. “… so that he could recognize the miscreant”- Who did Mr Oliver think was a miscreant?
- The watchman
- The boy in the forest
- A student
- A stranger
20. What did Mr Oliver usually do in the evening?
- Take a stroll in the pine forest
- Take a stroll around his house
- Drink a cup of tea and read a book
- Take a stroll in the town
- C) Ruskin Bond.
- B) 2004.
- A) Shimla.
- A) A school teacher.
- D) Eton College.
- B) He would take a shortcut through the pine forest.
- C) A boy sitting on a rock all alone.
- A) Metaphor.
- C) Alliteration.
- C) Bold.
- B) The boy had no eyes, nose, ears or mouth.
- D) He dropped the torch.
- A) The watchman.
- D) Frantically.
- D) Three miles.
- A) They belonged to wealthy Indian families.
- B) The pine trees would make eerie sounds during strong winds.
- C) A torch.
- B) The boy in the forest.
- D) Take a stroll in the town.