You will go through MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSE Board Class 9 and 10 NINE GOLD MEDALS. Understanding a text’s entirety is very important for a learner to score better on the exam. We made Efforts to ensure thorough and proper MCQ Questions And Answers Of ICSEBoard Class 9 and 10 NINE GOLD MEDALS.
1. What is the poem based on?
- An incident of a race in which differently disabled people took part
- An Olympic event
- An incident of swimming event in which differently abled people took part
- A sports event where a few women took part
2. Who is the author of the poem?
- William Wordsworth
- Leigh Hunt
- David Roth
- Maya Angelou
3. What is the mood in the beginning of the poem?
4. Where had the athletes come from?
- A different city
- All over the country
- All over the world
- The adjacent cities
5. What is one of the most significant themes of the poem?
- Human compassion and cooperation
- Friendship is one of the best relationships
- Love for animals
- Love for God
6. Find the poetic device: “But the smallest among them, he stumbled and staggered.”
7. Find the poetic device: “To run for the gold, for the silver and bronze.”
8. Why had the spectators gathered?
- To participate in the games
- To get free food
- To cheer for the athletes
- To help the athletes
9. What is the rhyming scheme of the poem?
10. What happened as soon as the gun was fired?
- One of the athletes fell down
- One of the athletes began cheating
- The athletes did not want to run
- The spectators started clapping
11. What did the athlete do after falling down?
- He started crying in frustration
- He got up and ran again
- He started yelling at others
- He fainted due to much pain
12. What was the other runners’ reaction when the athlete fell down?
- Few of them came to help him
- They were focused on finishing the race
- They came to help him get on his feet
- They started calling for help
13. What happened after the young athlete got on his feet?
- They all got back to finishing their own races
- The young athlete stated running again
- The young athlete sat on the bench, while others were back to finishing the race
- They joined hands and walked towards the finishing line together
14. How did the race end with nine gold medals?
- Everybody finished the race together, thus, all of them got medals
- Each player would get nine gold medals
- Nine medals were given as compensation
- All the players got medals for helping the young athlete in the middle of the race
15. What is the meaning of the word “staggered”?
- Walking fast
- Moving unsteadily
- Making someone angry
- A) An incident of a race in which differently disabled people took part.
- C) David Roth.
- B) Tense
- B) All over the country.
- A) Human compassion and cooperation.
- B) Alliteration.
- D) Metonymy.
- C) To cheer for the athletes.
- B) ABAB…
- A) One of the athletes fell down.
- A) He started crying in frustration.
- C) They came to help him get on his feet.
- D) They joined hands and walked towards the finishing line together.
- A) Everybody finished the race together, thus, all of them got medals.
- B) Moving unsteadily.