You will go through MCQ Questions And Answers Of ISC CLASS 11 AND 12 ENGLISH TO BUILD A FIRE. Understanding a text’s entirety is very important for a learner to score better on the exam. We made Efforts to ensure thorough and proper MCQ Questions And Answers Of ISC CLASS 11 AND 12 ENGLISH TO BUILD A FIRE.
1. How was the weather when the man turned aside from the main Yukon trail in the beginning?
- It was a clear day, but wasn’t sunny either
- The weather was rainy and a thunderstorm could come any time
- It was a cloudy day
- The weather was extremely hot with the sun shining bright
2. Which plant covered the island to the south?
- Plum trees
- Mango trees
3. Why did the weather not make any impression on the man?
- The man was used to it
- The man was new to the environment and had no prior expectations
- He already knew what was waiting for him
- He was hopeless in life
4. Why did the man have for lunch?
- Rice and curry
5. How did he keep the food from freezing?
- The food was wrapped in an aluminium foil
- He had kept the lunch in his bag
- He had wrapped up the food in a handkerchief and kept it under his shirt
- The food was wrapped in his pocket
6. Which animal did the man find?
- A husky
- A bear
- A monkey
- A snow leopard
7. How has the author described the animal?
- It was depressed by the tremendous cold
- It was very cheerful
- The dog wanted some food
- It was aggressive
8. What did the dog want?
- The dog wanted to play with the man
- The dog was looking for his owner
- The dog was hungry and wanted some food
- The dog wanted some fire, or to burrow under the snow to get some warmth
9. When did the man reach Henderson Creek?
- At ten o’clock
- At twelve o’clock
- At two o’clock
- At one o’clock
10. How did the man want to celebrate when he reached Henderson Creek?
- He decided to play with the dog
- He wanted to spend the night on the Creek
- He decided to have his lunch there
- He expected the box to play melodies
11. Which of the following figure of speech has been used a lot in the story?
12. What did the man do to kill his boredom?
- Play with the dog
- Chew tobacco
- Play cards
- Eat sandwiches
13. Which of the following qualities can you spot in the man?
14. What did the man from Sulphur Creek tell him?
- He told him that it gets too cold in the country
- He did not tell the man about the weather
- He told him that the weather is very hot
- He did not give him a heads up about what he was about to face
15. What is the tone of the story?
16. Who is the writer of the story?
- Jack London
- Roald Dahl
- Henry Fielding
- Jane Austen
- A) It was a clear day, but wasn’t sunny either.
- D) Spruce.
- B) The man was new to the environment and had no prior expectations.
- A) Biscuits.
- C) He had wrapped up the food in a handkerchief and kept it under his shirt.
- A) A husky.
- A) It was depressed by the tremendous cold.
- D) The dog wanted some fire, or to burrow under the snow to get some warmth.
- A) At ten o’clock.
- C) He decided to have his lunch there.
- D) Imagery.
- B) Chew tobacco.
- B) Observant.
- A) He told him that it gets too cold in the country.
- C) Tragic.
- A) Jack London.