You are going to go through Textbook Questions And Answers OF Karnataka Board Class 8 BEAUTY Chapter 1 Poem. Understanding a text meticulously in its entirety is very important for a learner for scoring better in the exam. Efforts have been made to ensure a thorough and proper Textbook Questions And Answers OF Karnataka Board Class 8 BEAUTY Chapter 1 Poem.
Textbook Questions and Answers:
C1. Answer the following questions.
1. List out the things where beauty can be seen during the day.
Answer: Beauty viewed during the day in sunlight, the trees, the birds, corn growing, people working, dancing for their harvest, and many more.
2. The poet says ‘beauty is heard in the night’. Pick out any two things of beauty from the poem that are seen at night.
Answer: The two things of beauty from the poem that are viewed at night are I. wind sighing II. rain falling etc.
3. Read the first and second stanzas of the poem again. Note the following phrases. Corn growing, peopleworking or dancing, wind sighing, rain falling, a singer chanting..
These could be written as
- Corn that is growing
- People who are working or dancing.
Can you rewrite the other phrases like this? Why do you think the poet uses the shorter phrases?
Answer: The poet uses shorter phrases for various reasons. First of all, shorter phrases fall under the category of Economy of Words. The economy of Words makes poetry effective. Such expressions also come under the category of Elliptical Expressions in which certain understood words are omitted. Such expressions which are used by writers make writing tight. And such a style also makes writing lyrical and this musical aspect is necessary for poetry.
4. The Poet says ‘Beauty is seen’ and ‘Beauty is heard’. List out the beautiful things you have seen or heard.
Answer: BEAUTY SEEN-The trees, the bird’s com growing people working or dancing, etc
BEAUTY HEARD-Wind sighing rain falling singer chanting etc.,
5. The poet says ‘Beauty is in yourself.’ What things does she mention here? When does she want us to follow them?
Answer: The poet says in the concluding stanza that beauty lies in ourselves; in good deeds, happy thoughts which are repeated in our dreams and our work and even in our rest.
6. Write a paragraph about beauty. You can use your own ideas along with the ideas in the poem.(You may discuss with your partner)
Answer: Beauty is defined on the quality or sum of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or exalts the mind or spirit. Love pleases the mind, heart, and senses thus it is beautiful. Beauty can be patterns, knowledge, art, sounds, poetry or literature. And it is also said that “Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder”. The idea of beauty is not the physical appearance of a person or object. Rather it is an understanding that gives some experience to one’s eyes, ears, intellect, and moral sense,
7. The phrase wind sighing’ is personification. Give two more examples of personification. You may take the help of your teacher.
Answer: The smiling flower, the weeping willows are two examples of personification.