You will go through MCQ Questions And Answers Of ISC Board Class 11 and 12 A Gorilla in the Guest Room written by Gerald Durrell. Understanding a text’s entirety is vital for a learner to score better in the exam. We made Efforts to ensure thorough and proper MCQ Questions A Gorilla in the Guest Room written by Gerald Durrell.
1. Who is the writer of the poem?
A) Max Ehrmann
B) Sarojini Naidu
C) Mary Botham Howitt
D) Gerald Durrell
2. When was the story written?
YOU READING-MCQ QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS OF A Gorilla in the Guest Room
3. Who is N’ Pongo?
B) Rhesus monkey
4. Why did the writer of the letter want the caretaker to take away his rhesus monkey?
A) The monkey got lost
B) The monkey began destroying things
C) The writer did not want to keep the monkey because it was old
D) The monkey was becoming hard to handle
[blur]5. Why did Mr Durrell want to fill his zoo up with animals?
A) He wanted to protect the animals because they are least looked after by the government
B) He wanted to sell the animals to rich people
C) He wanted to set the animals free
D) H wanted to earn loads of money
6. What was the price of the baby gorilla?
A) Twelve hundred pounds
B) A hundred pounds
C) Seven hundred pounds
D) Thirteen hundred pounds
7. What was Mr Durrell concerned about?
A) The gorilla might be too hard to handle
B) The baby gorilla might turn out to be just an ordinary chimpanzee
C) The gorilla might be too old and sick
D) He might not get enough money after selling the baby gorilla
8. Where was the baby gorilla kept until his cage got ready?
A) A smaller cage that belonged to a baby monkey
B) The terrace of the caretaker’s house
C) Guest room of the caretaker’s house
D) A field near the caretaker’s house
9. Which of the following characteristics can you NOT associate with the baby gorilla?
10. Who was N’ Pongo’s partner?
C) A baby rhesus monkey
D) Another male baby gorilla
11. What is the central theme of the story?
A) The beautiful relationship between humans and animals
B) Inhumane and ill treatment meted out to animals
C) Steps taken by government to look after animals
B) Human’s love towards animals
12. Why was Nandy lost and frightened when she was brought to the zoo?
A) She was mistreated by humans and also had scars on her body
B) She was separated from her mother
C) She was unsocial and did not like others’ company
D) She preferred staying to herself mostly
13. What did Mr Durrell get for the baby gorilla to eat?
A) Banana bread
B) A watermelon
C) A banana
14. How was Mr Durrell’s experience with a chimpanzee that came before N’ Pongo?
A) He made a fuss about eating food
B) He was quiet and calm
C) He ran away
D) He had destroyed many things in the room
15. What did the caretaker give to N’ Pongo when they first met?
A) A watermelon
B) A banana
C) Some water
D) A toy
16. What was Nandy and N’ Pongo’s reaction on first seeing each other?
A) Nandy was very interested in playing with the other animals of the zoo
B) They wanted to play together
C) They weren’t much interested in each other
D) N’ Pongo did not like Nandy at all
17. What did the caretaker see when he went to the airport to get the baby gorilla?
A) He saw few chimpanzees eating bananas
B) He saw few gorilla babies jumping around
C) He saw a little puppy sitting in a corner
D) He saw the baby gorilla eating a watermelon
18. Why was Mr Durrell anxious to leave the country?
A) He was worried and felt that Nandy and N’ Pongo would not be cared for
B) He was worried that Nandy and N’ Pongo will end up fighting
C) He was worried that Nandy might run away
D) He was worried because Nandy was sick and had stopped eating
19. How much did the dealer charge for Nandy?
A) Five hundred pounds
B) Fifteen hundred pounds
C) Eleven hundred pounds
D) Twelve hundred pounds
20. What did Durrell’s mother feel about N’ Pongo?
A) The gorilla won her heart
B) She was not fond of the gorilla
C) She wanted to get rid of it
D) The gorilla got on her nerves because he was hard to handle[/blur]