1.Choose the correct alternative to complete the following sentences :
a)The quarrel was between the mountain and the
b) Bun has no doubt that the mountain is
c) Unlike a mountain, a squirrel can crack a
2. State whether the following sentences are true. Or false. Provide sentences/phrases / words in support of your answer.
a)The mountain called the squirrel “Little Bun”.
Supporting statement :”And the former called the latter ‘Little prig’.
b) The squirrel is sprier than the mountain.
Supporting statement : “And not half so spry”
c) The mountain can carry Forests on its back.
Supporting statement :”If I can not carry forests on my back”.
3.Answer the following questions :
a)Who had a quarrel with the squirrel?
– The squirrel had a quarrel with the mountain.
b) What is not a disgrace to the squirrel?
– To occupy a small space unlike the mountain is not a disgrace to the squirrel.
c) What is it that the squirrel doesn’t deny?
– The mountain makes a very pretty squirrel track and the little squirrel couldn’t deny that.
- COMPLETE ANALYSIS OF SONNET 14: Not from the stars do I my judgement pluck
- COMPLETE ANALYSIS OF SONNET 13: O! That you were yourself; but, love, you are
- COMPLETE ANALYSIS OF SONNET 12: When I do count the clocks that tell the time
4. Replace the underlined words with suitable phrasal verbs where necessary.
a)Rabi met his friend in the park.
b) Tanushree cannot tolerate cruel behaviour to animals.
c) His proposal was rejected
5. Change the voice of the following sentences :
a)Lock the door.
– let the door be locked
b) Ashim knows the solution to this problem.
-The solution to this problem is known to Ashim.
c) I had a written letter.
– A letter had been written by me
6. Write a letter to your friend advising her/him to visit the public library in her/his locality as frequently as possible.
I hope you and your family are keeping well. It has been long that I met you and now due to this pandemic situation it’s almost impossible. But don’t worry we are also keeping well. Due to this situation, I want to suggest you something. As your board exam is coming next year and now you have only one study option that is online classes. As i came to know that you have a Library near your house and it will reopen soon. So it’s my request to you to visit the library frequently. It will help you to read more number of books. It will help you gain more knowledge . Continue your online classes and also continue visiting the library and collecting more books. Also you can increase your general knowledge by reading g.k books. Hope you will listen my advice and send me a letter soon.
Hope to meet u soon and also feel free to ask anything you want for your preparation. Keep well and stay safe.
North Dinajpur ,
7. Write a paragraph on the benefits of early morning exercises using the following points:
Good for health — fresh air — keeps one active throughout the day
In this 21st century, we see very fewer people to exercise early morning whereas this thing is the most recommended thing by the doctors. Health is the issue of concern seen in most of the family. Morning exercises can be the key to every health-related problem. Morning exercise will help us stay healthy and give us positive vibes.
Fresh is rarely found in cities as greenery is decreasing day by day. Early morning is the time we can feel fresh air which can feel us with energy and good vibes. The combination of fresh air with morning exercise can really keep a man happy and healthy.
Experiencing fresh air with a healthy body can keep us active and fresh throughout the day. It can boost us and make us think in a good way. It will help us to maintain a good and healthy body. Nature is at its best during the morning and it will give us the opportunity to come in close contact with nature. So, to maintain good health we must take care of our physical fitness.